Monday, September 13, 2010

Themed Book Months

The book that inspired this idea.
     So an idea has been stirring around in my head. Dangerous, I know. The idea is themed months. This is not something that I want to do every month, but perhaps every few months. I've already decided on two themes. The first, since it only seems right that I should embrace the obsession that is Vampires, is devote an entire month to reading and reviewing four Vamp books. Disclaimer: this will not include the Twilight Saga-- I have something else planned for those. The next theme that I would like to do is...witches! I've started writing down different Vampire and Witch titles that I've come across, so if you know of any good ones, please let me know. Remember I'll need four of each. Also, if you can think of any great themes that would be fun to do, please comment. 
UK Cover (Better than the US cover)
     What's my goal by doing themed months? I'm hoping to expose people to new authors and perhaps different styles of writing. A person might read a great teen Vampire novel, but never think to check the Romance or Fantasy section-- this might help lead them to new sections of the bookstore. Also, don't you think a themed month would just be plain fun? :D
     Please give me your thoughts, recommendations, and any ideas that might be swirling around in your head. Even though, that may be more dangerous then my own ideas ;) Happy Reading!
Thank you:

9 comments:

  1. Peeps by Scott Westerfeld is one of the most interesting approaches to the vampire novel. Vampires, science, and a great author? Can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great recommendation Steph! I read the web page and while the guy's summary was witty, it was this that won me over "Unsurprising confession: I am a Buffy fan". <--- how can I not read the book now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, for me, I would love to have you read laurell k hamilton anita blake series to review it!! She does vamp books, the original before that Charline Harris ;(

    ReplyDelete
  4. MrsWoffy, that certainly stands to be a possibility. It would probably work really well for my Vampire themed book month. Ya know she's kinda off color in comparison to other vamp novels, so this will expose people to other styles. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's because I never did a vampire themed month. The chance never came along :D I didn't mean for you to actually read the post, btw. I just wanted the comment lol.

    Interesting, when I click your name it takes me to your twitter profile.

    Ok, Now I need you to reply to this comment. I got an email notification about your first comment, but it doesn't show up under 'blogger comments'. I want to see if I get notified again. Did you get an email about this comment?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That maybe because it asked me how I wanted to comment and I chose through my twitter account, so it linked them up automatically I'm guessing
     

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a test of the emergency BookVlogger comment section. Had this been a real emergency, you'd have exploded from comment awesomeness. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krista CubicleblindnessMarch 15, 2013 at 3:08 AM

    Ok lets try another way 

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's funny I don't remember you doing a vampire themed month since this post went up...I would love to see an all vampire month ! I love me some vampires :)

    ReplyDelete

Then she heard it; the thudding of swift moving, heavy paws. She tapped the reins against Charming’s neck. He spun on his heel as Belle drew one of her revolvers... Find out what happens next in THE BEAST: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z5LOJVA